pyotr filipivich

Let the record show that Gunner wrote back on Tue,
17 May 2005 09:36:55 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Mon, 16 May 2005 19:40:37 -0500, "Sven" wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
. ..
On 16 May 2005 14:15:39 GMT, Ignoramus21310
wrote:

For the last year, I wore some military surplus pants when I was
doinbg various work. They were nice because they are very
accommodating, have big pockets, and also can get quite dirty without
looking ugly.

Unfortunately, they are not that strong and wear easily.

Any suggestions for similar pants made from stronger material?

Swiss and Italian mil-surp pants are actually much tougher. You can
find them at Majors Surplus and so forth on line.

Then..,there is Carhartt.

Gunner

Carhartt jeans and coats seem to be overpriced and made from material that
self destructs as soon as they get a little hole in them. I have been buying
Dickies coats and insulated coveralls and Levi jeans,( the old dark blue
unwashed ones for $27.00)
Steve

Dickies are very good too. But Ive never had Carhartts go bad. Ive
worn them out though..but it takes some doing.

I wear bib overalls a lot. Oshcosh(sp?) are good also.

Oshkosh,by gosh! (I've helped enough kids in and out to remember.)

The funny story is the Christmas my step mom got my Dad a pair of
overalls for Christmas, they were all the rage. It was the thought which
counted, I think he wore them once. But he remembers when denim was for
work, farm work specifically, and overalls were for po' folk. Grew up in
the Great Depression. And the stigma had stuck with him.
Of course, for him, "casual business" was a cardigan sweater and tie.

I'm BDUs for working, and hanging out, jeans are for "casual."
(anything which doesn't require a tie. Of course, I remember when in
Hawaii "formal" mean "wear shoes."

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
"If once a man indulges himself in Murder, very soon he comes