Larry Jaques

On Tue, 17 May 2005 18:01:51 -0400, the inscrutable "PDQ"
spake:

"Patriarch" wrote in message

| So you're telling us they are completely safe, and the tire disposal fee
| and hazardous waste disposal fee and the rest of the handling taxes imposed
| here in California are bogus? Who would have thought?

Yep. We had the same kind of "Tire Tax" up here.
When the local government lifted the tax -
we never found what the did with the money raised -
we still had the same, but larger, tire piles.

I think Arizona, NM, and Nevada are all recycling them into their
roadways. Ditto the red roofing tiles. They're crushed and mixed
into the roadbed. Some NV roads (US395 from CA to LV) are pink as
a result.

Do the voices in my head bother you?
http://diversify.com Full-Service Web Development