Keith Marshall

The USPS has become quite competitive with other shipping services.

Not only that but they're also selling their services to at least one of the
other services. I ordered some shirts a while back and they were to be
shipped via UPS because that was the only option they offered. They emailed
a UPS tracking number to me and it continuously showed that they had been
notified electronically that the package was being sent. After about a week
there was still no change in the status. One afternoon my wife noticed the
mail carrier walking back up the driveway to his truck. She looked on the
front porch and there was my package with a UPS shipping label on it but it
was delivered by the US Post Office!

I emailed the company I bought the shirts from and they said that's the way
UPS is doing it now on some shipments. The tracking was useless. I wonder
about the insurance.... :-/

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

"DeepDiver" wrote in message
"Finnbear" wrote in message
oups.com...

I don't think this seller was being unreasonable if he specified
he would be shipping UPS in the eBay listing. As a buyer you
have no way of knowing what the seller's circumstances are and
should know that when you place your bid you are accepting the
conditions laid out in the eBay listing. If you wish for the
seller to deviate from the listing terms then you should arrange
that BEFORE you place a bid.

Mark, the seller never specified the method of shipping in the auctions I
bid on. He did specify US Priority Mail as the shipping method for some of
his other auctions, so it's reasonable to assume he is willing to -- and
quite capable of -- shipping by Priority mail.

Btw, it is now possible to ship by USPS without making a trip to the Post
Office. Free Priority Mail boxes and other supplies can be ordered from
the USPS web site (and delivered to your doorstep for free within a day or
two). And you can schedule a free parcel pick-up by your mail carrier
(also from their web site). You can even pay for postage online. I had
pointed all this out to the seller, and I even told him I would send him
pre-paid postage to stick on the parcel so he wouldn't have to set up an
online account.

The USPS has become quite competitive with other shipping services.

- Michael