Duane Bozarth

Patriarch wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

snip
She should read the old Mother Earth News articles, and plant in
recycled tires painted white... :-)

I find it hard to believe that MEN would publish something like that,
given all the chemicals which leach out of the old tires.

I didn't say it was smart, just that it was published in a known rag back
then. Lotsa stupid stuff said & done in the Seventies.

Other than being butt-ugly, I'd be real surprise to find a significant
problem if simply were washed thoroughly initially. Many large tires
were used as the rim for cattle water tanks for a while--they don't get
bent easily as do metal ones. They became less popular mostly because
they're just too heavy to move around.