Tim Douglass

On Tue, 17 May 2005 16:44:51 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article .com, "Mr Fixit eh" wrote:

Although I am capable of giving a code-compliant answer for most
electrical questions that come up here, I will no longer do so.

Please reconsider; or at least, every time someone posts an electrical
question, direct him to those forums - otherwise, we wind up with the Usenet
version of Gresham's Law, with the bad advice driving out the good.

I fully agree - and I think it odd that Gresham's Law was the word of
the day on my e-mail.

I strongly encourage anyone considering doing any wiring get a copy of
"Wiring Simplified". It is not a complete explanation of everything,
but if you read it and understand what it is saying you can do most
common wiring tasks safely. If you don't understand it you shouldn't
do *any* wiring tasks. I frequently reference it for my own work and
for answers on the group. Probably would be good to mention that I am
quoting the book when I do, just to add credibility to my answers.

The way to prevent bad advice on usenet is to overwhelm it with
correct answers and to bludgeon the wrong answers. Never let a wrong
or unsafe answer go unchallenged. I don't do much of that, since I
generally avoid all electrical threads unless they deal with something
I actually know something about - which is basic house and shop wiring
only.

--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com