Grant Erwin

Your biggest hassles will be legal ones. Find out first if (a)
the electric brakes will still satisfy the authorities, (b) if the
registration change from "Horse" to "Equipment" will present any
problems, and (c) if the insurance company will insure it after it's
rebuilt. You don't want to spend time and money building instead of
buying if the whole thing is going to be a nightmare. I sure miss the
good old days...

Any trailer capabie of hauling 2500 pounds or more in Washington State
has to have electric brakes by law, although many don't. Insurance companies
don't insure trailers, they insure the vehicle that pulls them, that's why
trailers make more sense for HSMers.

I play poker with a Washington State trooper sometimes, and he tells me
*exactly* what the sergeant at the office that will inspect and license my
trailer will look for. Actually, your questions are very valid, but I believe
I'm on solid ground here.

GWE