Hamie

Andy Dingley wrote:
On Sun, 15 May 2005 22:30:00 +0100, Hamie
wrote:

Does anyone know what the cost of scafolding is in the SE?

Scaffolding, or a scaff tower ? Scaffolding _must_ now be checked by a
real ticketed rigger before use, so there's less scope for "doing things
on the cheap". However if access is easy and you just need some
vertical height, you can still hire a simple pre-fab tower and erect it
yourself.

Unfortunately it's not accessable with a tower, or I'd use a ladder...
The back of the house looks like

-------------------

Paint here - |
|------------------

/|
/ |
/ |
/ |
Coal Shed etc | |
| |

Where that bit at the bottom is a coal shed & outhouse... And the gable
is about 7-8m in height & the angle is a bit much for a ladder (Maybe...
I might try a standoff at the top and dig a ditch at the bottom for the
ladder to sit in to stop it slipping. The ladder is a nice strong box
alu one... The roofer said it was nice to see someone with a proper
ladder when he borrowed it).