Mike

On Mon, 16 May 2005 18:13:44 -0600, Vince Heuring
wrote:

Not really. :-) It's a Herb Circle that SWMBO wants me to build. It's
an outdoor herb garden made with 12 slightly tapered 3' redwood 2x12
planks buried in a 12' circle flush with the ground. She found the
design in a gardening magazine.

I have to agree with Patriarch here. Build it out of something
cheaper like paving stones or something. Even 2x12 spf will last many
years and you can just build another when it starts to go.

I learned my lesson building a compost bin for my wife. I thought
treated would get chemicals in the compost and pine or fir wouldn't
last..... ah ha, redwood. I ordered out some 2x4 and some 1x8 and
built a pretty nice bin with two hinged lids and fronts that slide out
for shoveling and everyone was happy. Then, the material bill came.
I had built the most expensive compost bin known to man! Ten years
later, it's still out there and every spring I get reminded of how
much it cost!
When it finally falls apart, I'm buying her a roll of chicken wire.:-)

Mike O.