Lee DeRaud

On Mon, 16 May 2005 18:30:38 -0400, Robatoy
wrote:

In article 36,
Patriarch wrote:

Ed & Sue Beresnikow wrote in
:

Andy Dingley wrote:

....snip...
cable and to carry on using it is just pikey.

?? What is the definition here? 'pikey' - don't recognize it as a
Canajun term.

Andy is a Brit. Do your best to translate from context. ;-)

Watch the movie "Snatch" on DVD. Listen carefully to how Brad Pitt talks
in that flick. Then, when reading a post from Andy, superimpose, in your
mind, Pitt's accent with Andy's words.
It will all make sense then.

*ducking*

A Guy Ritchie film. Snatch, as well as Lock Stock And Two Smoking
Barrels are amongst my favourite movies.

Don't forget the scene in LS&TSB where they have English subtitles for
the black nightclub owner...who's speaking English.

There's also the series "A Car Is Reborn", basically the "New Yankee
Workshop" approach to restoring a Jaguar XKE. They do occasional
segments from some track up north, where a maniac flogs the bejeezus
out of some vintage British racing car, usually in ****ing-down rain,
jabbering away in what I think is supposed to be English. On average I
understand about one word in three. The car's owner is usually in the
passenger seat, scared ****less, and AFAICT he doesn't understand what
the driver is saying any better than I do.

Lee