Richard Savage

Default Flushing a CH system

Hi Andy

Andy Hall wrote:

On Mon, 03 May 2004 12:54:24 +0100, Richard Savage
wrote:

That's ********. It is necessary in both, although one can argue
that a sealed system doesn't import air like an open one does. Not
putting in inhibitor is laziness at best and incompetence and worst.

Quiet agree. Hence my urgent flush and inhibit task! He's no longer
my plumber and as he gets all his work by word of mouth I'm not
recommending him to anyone.

For a sealed system, the fresh water should go in via the filling
loop. Flush the system clean of flushing agent first.

That's what I decided to do (or rather am doing at present!) - drain
from the furthest point whilst introducing water through the filling loop.

Then I would inject the inhibitor into an empty radiator (don't follow
the instructions which suggest injecting against the pressure of the
system).

Now fill the system and vent where needed.

The £25 or so that you paid for the inhibitor is cheap in comparison
with the cost of remedial work if you don't use it.

I know, but shelling out nearly £100 for flush + inhibit now seems a lot
on its own. If the inhibitor had been included in the original price it
would have seemed insignificant. And I wouldn't have had all the fun
of trying to introduce flushing agent supplied in a 1l bottle into a
radiator - in the end I used an oil syringe and an adapted radiator
bleed plug.

Cheers Richard