DeepDiver

"DeepDiver" wrote in message
snip-----

Now, this whole transaction has soured me to the point where I wish
I never bid on his auctions. Not only has he lost two additional
sales now, but he's lost my future business as well (and probably
the business of my metalworking friends).

Considering the very negative experience Susan had with a less than
honest seller on ebay, you have my total sympathy. Do us all a favor
and name the person with which you've done business so those of us
that wish to avoid doing business with him, will be able to do so.

Thanks for the support Harold. The seller's Ebay ID is "gentoolco"; I
included a link to his current auctions in my original post, but here it is
again:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZgentoolco

That's assuming we are still buying off ebay. Frankly, we rarely
do anymore, and it's the honest seller that's taking the loss.
Ebay is not putting enough effort into discouraging the crooks.

I agree with your last statement. While I have had many successful
transactions on Ebay, there have been a few where I've been screwed with no
recourse.

In this particular case, I wouldn't call the guy a "crook", just a bad
businessman who has little regard for his customers. As I had stated in
another post in this thread, I was planning on buying more auctions from
this seller. In fact, I told him so when I originally wrote him and asked if
he would ship via the less-costly Priority instead of UPS. I said I'd rather
give him my business and money than spend it on shipping. I guess he'd
rather make money for UPS than for himself.

Regards,
Michael