Gunner

On Sun, 15 May 2005 19:10:01 -0500, "Morris Dovey"
wrote:

There is a fundimental conflict between Militant Islam (Wahabiism)and
Christianity/Everybody. Like Leninism..the goal is to convert or
kill..and the 21st peoples are running up against this.. One or the
other has to change or die. Shrug. No amount of negotiation,
discussion, "diversity" or what have you is going to change this.

We do live in "interesting times".

We do. It's almost as if we managed to lose sight of both the past cost and
present value of civilization. Another round of jihad/crusade is a strictly
lose-lose proposition. Already it appears that the only non-catastrophic
scenario requires that all sides reel in their own extremists - and I'm not
very optimistic about that happening.

You are forgetting one thng Morris..its not the 21st century bunch
that is trying to impose its will on the 12th century bunch but visa
versa. If they wish to live, think and act as the rabid insane *******
Mohammed (praise to his name) decreed, fine, they are more than
welcome to form their own ghettos and live as they wish. Its when
they try to change or convert Us, by sword, by bomb and by numbers,
therein lies a problem. Islam on the whole is a peaceable enough
religion. Its the Wahabi sect that has sprung up that is the problem
children. And its fascist, militant, ignorant and viscious. These
are the folks who are sending their children to die for Allah (praise
be his name) in an effort to force their fundimentalism on all else.

There are many many nutcase fruitloop religions, sects and cults that
remain to themselves, and we have no problem with them. They are
pretty much left to their own devices. Its when they fly airliners
into buildings that things start to come un****ed.

They are either going to have to moderate, or be killed. Shrug. Id
prefer they moderated their stance, but if they wish to die, we can
accomodate them.

Gunner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling
which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight,
nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being
free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
- John Stewart Mill