Cliff

Default OT - SUVs the greatest threat to national security ... official

On Tue, 10 May 2005 20:54:02 +0100, Guido wrote:

Wingers are urged to hug a tree:
http://www.petroleumworld.com/Lag050905.htm

A) Move closer to work or work closer to home. Job-swapping
may be possible in this day of computers to locate someone
to swap with for many.

B) Fix the traffic light timings. That's probably half the
gasoline. Post the speed at which you can hit the lights
green.

C) Use a hitchiker's lottery. People needing rides buy
books of tickets & wear destination signs. Drivers picking
them up get them & turn them in to win/earn prizes, gasoline,
etc. .....
--
Cliff
Jim Newell

A) Is silly. Most people, in spite of how "flexible" mass media makes the
work place appear, really sludge away at the same old crappy jobs that
existed 30 years ago.... although they now do it in front of a PC. Plus, at
least in Houston, the housing market is so out of control, that new house
options are price-wise not an option for people. (Note he The coming
crash is going to be glorious! Save your pennies and dimes for the next
real estate cycle. They, the lenders, are doing it again, and for those of
you who can remember, the 80's, the next real estate implosion will make the
days of the RTC look "overpriced"!)

B) Has my full support. Why does everyone overlook the simplest way to get
traffic moving? But.... even with the lights timed perfect, you still have
to get the cell phone users, people who stare at green lights, people
putting on make-up (male or female!), people fixing their coffee, people
dressing their kids, people using laptop computers (yes, I actually saw it
happen, laptop perched up on the steering wheel, driving down the feeder
road at 50 MPH, and can you guess...it was a State Farm Insurance vehicle!),
people who drive 25 in a 45, people who drive 55 in a 25, people who stop in
55 so they can swerve across 3 lanes of traffic....etc, off of the road or
none of it will do any good. My favorite idea comes from the comedian
Gallagher, his idea was that we would have little glue based idiot flags,
every time you saw a moron type maneuver, you would shoot the car with an
idiot flag.... when a cop saw a car with 5 or more idiot flags on it, they
would pull them over, use special "cop" glue remover on the flags, and write
them an "idiot" ticket. You get to shoot the morons; the morons finally get
rewarded for their "special" driving skills, and the city gets the income.
Everyone wins!

C) This already is informally in place in the HOV lanes. Single occupant
cars pick up other "singles" at the entrance to the HOV lanes, and get to
ride in the fast lane downtown. There must be a way to formalize this so
that people do not worry about picking up the next neighborhood serial
killer.

Well, that's just my opinions.... gotta go fill up my SUV!

"Cliff" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 10 May 2005 20:54:02 +0100, Guido wrote:

Wingers are urged to hug a tree:
http://www.petroleumworld.com/Lag050905.htm

A) Move closer to work or work closer to home. Job-swapping
may be possible in this day of computers to locate someone
to swap with for many.

B) Fix the traffic light timings. That's probably half the
gasoline. Post the speed at which you can hit the lights
green.

C) Use a hitchiker's lottery. People needing rides buy
books of tickets & wear destination signs. Drivers picking
them up get them & turn them in to win/earn prizes, gasoline,
etc. .....
--
Cliff

Cliff

[
]

C) This already is informally in place in the HOV lanes. Single occupant
cars pick up other "singles" at the entrance to the HOV lanes, and get to
ride in the fast lane downtown. There must be a way to formalize this so
that people do not worry about picking up the next neighborhood serial
killer.

Those are few & far between in any case.
Want to buy a book of tickets? Provide ID.
Probably possible to have cheap ticket scanners in cars too,
in these days of cell phones & GPS systems.

The rest of your post .....
--
Cliff
Kirk Gordon

Cliff wrote:

C) Use a hitchiker's lottery. People needing rides buy
books of tickets & wear destination signs. Drivers picking
them up get them & turn them in to win/earn prizes, gasoline,
etc. .....

Hmmmm...

I'm assuming you mean armed hitch-hikers, so slimeballs posing as
commuters can't rape, rob, or kidnapp them. And so even real commuters
can't just steal all their gas tickets. And you must also plan on armed
drivers, who'll need to protect themselves from robbers, rapists,
carjackers, etc., standing on the roadside and displaying their stolen
gas tickets as bait.

Gunner's gonna LOVE this idea.

KG

Cliff

On Thu, 12 May 2005 14:07:49 -0400, Kirk Gordon
wrote:

Cliff wrote:

C) Use a hitchiker's lottery. People needing rides buy
books of tickets & wear destination signs. Drivers picking
them up get them & turn them in to win/earn prizes, gasoline,
etc. .....

Hmmmm...

I'm assuming you mean armed hitch-hikers, so slimeballs posing as
commuters can't rape, rob, or kidnapp them. And so even real commuters
can't just steal all their gas tickets. And you must also plan on armed
drivers, who'll need to protect themselves from robbers, rapists,
carjackers, etc., standing on the roadside and displaying their stolen
gas tickets as bait.

Gunner's gonna LOVE this idea.

Why not just carjack the next car?

IIRC It has been tried & worked very well.
A few fundies got outraged .....
--
Cliff

Gunner

wrote:

Cliff wrote:

C) Use a hitchiker's lottery. People needing rides buy
books of tickets & wear destination signs. Drivers picking
them up get them & turn them in to win/earn prizes, gasoline,
etc. .....

Hmmmm...

I'm assuming you mean armed hitch-hikers, so slimeballs posing as
commuters can't rape, rob, or kidnapp them. And so even real commuters
can't just steal all their gas tickets. And you must also plan on armed
drivers, who'll need to protect themselves from robbers, rapists,
carjackers, etc., standing on the roadside and displaying their stolen
gas tickets as bait.

Gunner's gonna LOVE this idea.

KG

I pick up the occasional hitchhiker.

And Im ALWAYS armed. Only had a problem once. 1974

Gunner

"Veterans, and anyone sensible, take cover when there's incoming.
A cloud of testosterone makes a **** poor flack shield."
Offbreed

In misc.survivalism Gunner wrote:

I pick up the occasional hitchhiker.

I used to.

And Im ALWAYS armed. Only had a problem once. 1974

I only had a problem once. Around 1977. Two guys who were drunken
assholes. I was in my '69 Camaro SS. They threatened me, and I hit the
gas, did a 4 wheel drift into a crowded gas station, and then locked up
the brakes. The guy up front hit his head on the dash. I told them to
get the **** out of my car.

That was the last time I've picked up a hitch hiker.

--
In the councils of government, we must guard against the
acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought,
carl mciver

wrote in message
SNIP

| I only had a problem once. Around 1977. Two guys who were drunken
| assholes. I was in my '69 Camaro SS. They threatened me, and I hit the
| gas, did a 4 wheel drift into a crowded gas station, and then locked up
| the brakes. The guy up front hit his head on the dash. I told them to
| get the **** out of my car.
|
| That was the last time I've picked up a hitch hiker.

In my moments where I ponder what I'd do in situations like that (rather
than when I'm actually in them, you see!) I kept figuring that a similar
stunt was well worth pulling. Any asshole, in my car, stupid enough to pull
something, will likely not put on his seatbelt, and since I'm in control of
the vehicle, as well as belted belted in, am in position of greater power.
Don't know if they've ever taught that in a woman's self defense course....
Glad to know it worked for you.

Gary H. Lucas

"carl mciver" wrote in message
. net...

wrote in message
SNIP

| I only had a problem once. Around 1977. Two guys who were drunken
| assholes. I was in my '69 Camaro SS. They threatened me, and I hit the
| gas, did a 4 wheel drift into a crowded gas station, and then locked up
| the brakes. The guy up front hit his head on the dash. I told them to
| get the **** out of my car.
|
| That was the last time I've picked up a hitch hiker.

In my moments where I ponder what I'd do in situations like that
(rather
than when I'm actually in them, you see!) I kept figuring that a similar
stunt was well worth pulling. Any asshole, in my car, stupid enough to
pull
something, will likely not put on his seatbelt, and since I'm in control
of
the vehicle, as well as belted belted in, am in position of greater power.
Don't know if they've ever taught that in a woman's self defense
course....
Glad to know it worked for you.

I'm always amazed at the guy who gets out of his car to threaten someone. A
guy got out of his car and reached for my keys once. I rolled up my window
on his arm and drove across a parking lot at high speed, and rolled down the
window as I hit the brakes. Then I drove calmly away. Another time a guy
got ****ed at me because he almost rear ended me because he was following
way to close. MY wife and daughter were in the car at the time and we had
just pulled into a restaurant. The guy roared into the parking lot and
jumped out of his and started pound on the hood of mine. My wife was
terrified, I locked the doors. She said "What if he has a gun?" I said
"Then he's a dead man" as I put the car in gear and quickly backed him right
up tight to his own vehicle! Of course we had to eat some place else.

Gary H. Lucas

John Scheldroup

"Gary H. Lucas" wrote in message news:jrbhe.1558$n95.1401@trndny08...

"carl mciver" wrote in message . net...

I'm always amazed at the guy who gets out of his car to threaten someone. A guy got out of his car and reached for my keys once.
I rolled up my window on his arm and drove across a parking lot at high speed, and rolled down the window as I hit the brakes.
Then I drove calmly away. Another time a guy got ****ed at me because he almost rear ended me because he was following way to
close. MY wife and daughter were in the car at the time and we had just pulled into a restaurant. The guy roared into the
parking lot and jumped out of his and started pound on the hood of mine. My wife was terrified, I locked the doors. She said
"What if he has a gun?"

In other words murder, crime, guns, and fundamentalists, isn't Europe sounding
better all the time. Living conditions standard of living that is, in the USA have
been spiraling downward ever since the Apollo era, still the Saturn V rocket was
the greatest achievement of them all.

John

Gunner

On Fri, 13 May 2005 19:36:49 -0500, "John Scheldroup"
wrote:

[...]

So you think that this is something unique to the USA? LOL

Need you be reminded that its estimated that in less than 20 yrs,
Muslims will be in the majority in France, and Germany and England are
not far behind. Holland has already a number of religious based
murders involving Muslims, and Scandinavia has doubled their rape
rates by rapes inacted by Muslim males.

You want to avoid murder, guns and fundies? Europe is not the place
for you to go. Perhaps a nice island in the Gallapigos might suit
you?

Gunner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling
which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight,
nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being
free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
- John Stewart Mill
Peter T. Keillor III

On Sat, 14 May 2005 00:16:15 GMT, "Gary H. Lucas"
wrote:

"carl mciver" wrote in message
.net...

wrote in message
SNIP

| I only had a problem once. Around 1977. Two guys who were drunken
| assholes. I was in my '69 Camaro SS. They threatened me, and I hit the
| gas, did a 4 wheel drift into a crowded gas station, and then locked up
| the brakes. The guy up front hit his head on the dash. I told them to
| get the **** out of my car.
|
| That was the last time I've picked up a hitch hiker.

In my moments where I ponder what I'd do in situations like that
(rather
than when I'm actually in them, you see!) I kept figuring that a similar
stunt was well worth pulling. Any asshole, in my car, stupid enough to
pull
something, will likely not put on his seatbelt, and since I'm in control
of
the vehicle, as well as belted belted in, am in position of greater power.
Don't know if they've ever taught that in a woman's self defense
course....
Glad to know it worked for you.

I'm always amazed at the guy who gets out of his car to threaten someone. A
guy got out of his car and reached for my keys once. I rolled up my window
on his arm and drove across a parking lot at high speed, and rolled down the
window as I hit the brakes. Then I drove calmly away. Another time a guy
got ****ed at me because he almost rear ended me because he was following
way to close. MY wife and daughter were in the car at the time and we had
just pulled into a restaurant. The guy roared into the parking lot and
jumped out of his and started pound on the hood of mine. My wife was
terrified, I locked the doors. She said "What if he has a gun?" I said
"Then he's a dead man" as I put the car in gear and quickly backed him right
up tight to his own vehicle! Of course we had to eat some place else.

Gary H. Lucas

I had a similar incident on the way to work once. In about '82, I was
driving at 70 mph when some dim kid pulled out in front of us going
about 15 mph. I barely had time to brake and downshift behind him.
His profile was classic, no shirt, loong hair, and a welder's cap
pulled down so far his ears stuck out sideways. He looked to be about
19. Hat size about 6-1/2.

Then my wife decided to help by leaning over and honking the horn. He
immediately pulled onto the shoulder and bailed out with fists
clenched. I shifted into 2nd and shot past him accelerating like mad.
In the rear view, I could see him standing by his car with his head
doing the pingpong spectator thing as the long string of cars that had
piled up behind us followed suit.

I then told my wife that if she ever decided to help like that again,
I'd stop and she could get out and fight the idiot.

Pete Keillor
John Scheldroup

wrote:

[...]

It seems to me the Muslims can't live anywhere where it is safe.

http://www.islamonline.net/English/N...rticle02.shtml

Israeli Envoy In Sweden Kicked Out Of Art Museum
STOCKHOLM, January 18 (IslamOnline.net & News Agencies) - Israel's Ambassador to
Sweden Zvi Mazel was kicked out of a Stockholm museum after he had destroyed an artwork
depicting a female Palestinian martyr as Snow White.

Sharon Supports Mazel

Mazel unplugging the wires
Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon in a telephone conversation late Saturday with Mazel,
expressed support for the ambassador's bullying act.

"We are witnessing a rise in anti-Semitism, and will increase our efforts to fight the
phenomenon," Sharon said.

The Israeli diplomat has come under fire and is expected to be reprimanded for his tactless
behavior by the Swedish Foreign Ministry on Monday, January 19.

Dror Feiler told AFP the Ambassador was "totally unreasonable and undiplomatic" and
would not listen to his explanations.

John

In misc.survivalism carl mciver wrote:

In my moments where I ponder what I'd do in situations like that (rather
than when I'm actually in them, you see!) I kept figuring that a similar
stunt was well worth pulling. Any asshole, in my car, stupid enough to pull
something, will likely not put on his seatbelt, and since I'm in control of
the vehicle, as well as belted belted in, am in position of greater power.
Don't know if they've ever taught that in a woman's self defense course....
Glad to know it worked for you.

Having 350 horsepower at my disposal helped immeasurably. I wouldn't try
it in my current 4-banger.

--
In the councils of government, we must guard against the
acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought,
by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the
disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
-- Dwight David Eisenhower
Larry Jaques

On Sat, 14 May 2005 10:00:20 -0500, the inscrutable "John Scheldroup"
spake:

It seems to me the Muslims can't live anywhere where it is safe.

http://www.islamonline.net/English/N...rticle02.shtml

Israeli Envoy In Sweden Kicked Out Of Art Museum
STOCKHOLM, January 18 (IslamOnline.net & News Agencies) - Israel's Ambassador to
Sweden Zvi Mazel was kicked out of a Stockholm museum after he had destroyed an artwork
depicting a female Palestinian martyr as Snow White.

Sharon Supports Mazel

Sharon & Mazel: "Victims" who took up their attackers' tactics.
They look like anti-non-semites to me. Reverse bigotry and hatred
are never pretty, are they?

Although Feiler's "art" was a ****-stirring piece, I hope Ambassador
Mazel is expelled from Sweden and loses his ambassador status.

------
We're born hungry, wet, 'n naked, and it gets worse from there.
- http://diversify.com Website Application Programming -

Gunner

On Sat, 14 May 2005 10:00:20 -0500, "John Scheldroup"
wrote:

You want to avoid murder, guns and fundies? Europe is not the place
for you to go. Perhaps a nice island in the Gallapigos might suit
you?

It seems to me the Muslims can't live anywhere where it is safe.

It appears to me that nowhere Muslims live, is safe.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatc...ves/005412.php

http://www.seanbryson.com/articles/a...ist_rapes.html

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe...russia.school/

Gunner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling
which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight,
nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being
free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
- John Stewart Mill
John Scheldroup

wrote:

You want to avoid murder, guns and fundies? Europe is not the place
for you to go. Perhaps a nice island in the Gallapigos might suit
you?

It seems to me the Muslims can't live anywhere where it is safe.

It appears to me that nowhere Muslims live, is safe.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatc...ves/005412.php

http://www.seanbryson.com/articles/a...ist_rapes.html

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe...russia.school/

Do please type cast all Muslims this way. My question is why do you
hate what you do not know ?

Are those stories accurate have they won a prize for their authenticity ?.

The top story BBC and the bottom CNN, what type of news coverage are
from the other two?

Russia has had many tribal wars, even the Finns were Russian until their
revolution in 1905 was it. Different tribes ethnically cleansed by the
Mongolians millennium ago it seems.

My bro law's niece and Muslim that you speak so kindly of will have her
PhD in chemistry at Caltech in four years, she will 24 years young.
his brother is business owner in England and they have a very nice
family, what can you tell me about your family ?

Anyway I can show four positive websites about Muslim life in Europe,
by contrast is this the only picture of Muslim life elsewhere in your mind.

By the way I have been to Norway you have not.

John

Gunner

wrote:

You want to avoid murder, guns and fundies? Europe is not the place
for you to go. Perhaps a nice island in the Gallapigos might suit
you?

It seems to me the Muslims can't live anywhere where it is safe.

It appears to me that nowhere Muslims live, is safe.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatc...ves/005412.php

http://www.seanbryson.com/articles/a...ist_rapes.html

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe...russia.school/

Do please type cast all Muslims this way. My question is why do you
hate what you do not know ?

Are you claiming I hate Muslims? Cites? I dont even hate
Liberals..them I hold in contempt. I have a number of Muslim friends.
Shrug. Hard not to in So. Cal.

Are those stories accurate have they won a prize for their authenticity ?.

I suppose you will have to ask CNN and BBC.

The top story BBC and the bottom CNN, what type of news coverage are
from the other two?

I guess you will have to find out huh?

Russia has had many tribal wars, even the Finns were Russian until their
revolution in 1905 was it. Different tribes ethnically cleansed by the
Mongolians millennium ago it seems.

Yes and?

My bro law's niece and Muslim that you speak so kindly of will have her
PhD in chemistry at Caltech in four years, she will 24 years young.
his brother is business owner in England and they have a very nice
family, what can you tell me about your family ?

Why would you ask about my family? They are not muslim extremist
immigrants.

Anyway I can show four positive websites about Muslim life in Europe,
by contrast is this the only picture of Muslim life elsewhere in your mind.

Cites to my mind set? Or are you simply going to try to change the
fact that where Muslims move in..crime rises? Avoidance from the UFO
guy?

By the way I have been to Norway you have not.

You have cites for my not having been to Norway? And this means what
in the grand scheme of things?

Ive been to Cambodia. Its likely you have not. And this means what
exactly?

John

John..you are all over the road like a 12pack drunk. Please stay at
least in your own lane.

Gunner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling
which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight,
nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being
free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
- John Stewart Mill
Jeff R

wrote:

By the way I have been to Norway you have not.

You have cites for my not having been to Norway? And this means what
in the grand scheme of things?

Ive been to Cambodia. Its likely you have not. And this means what
exactly?

Hey!
I've been to Tasmania *and* Gulargambone.

What do I win?

--
Jeff R.

myal

wrote:

By the way I have been to Norway you have not.

You have cites for my not having been to Norway? And this means what
in the grand scheme of things?

Ive been to Cambodia. Its likely you have not. And this means what
exactly?

Hey!
I've been to Tasmania *and* Gulargambone.

What do I win?

--
Jeff R.

I been to every state but Tasmania ... and the ACT , do I get something
? ( besides a fuel bill I cant jump over I mean )

Cliff

On Sat, 14 May 2005 17:35:20 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

Having 350 horsepower at my disposal helped immeasurably.

The neocons have happily murdered ~100,000 + (and growing)
for you .... very profitable, as the US taxpayers are footing the
cost plus no-bid bills ...

http://www.gregpalast.com/opeconthemarch.html
http://www.gregpalast.com/printerfriendly.cfm?artid=419

[
Some people believe George Bush had a secret plan for Iraq's oil. It's
not that simple. In fact, we found two plans. While there was a hot
war being fought in Iraq, here in Washington, there was a cold war
being fought. On one side, the Pentagon and its neo-con friends, and
on the other, the State Department and its allies in big oil.
]
[
January 2001, George Bush waltzes into office on a gusher of oil
money, swearing that the U.S. has no plans to remake any nation. Yet
at the same time, on the other side of the U.S.A., a secret meeting
was in the works to plan for the invasion of Iraq to overthrow Saddam
and to decide what to do with Iraq's oil.
]
[
which we discovered in this document, completed a month before the
invasion, for the privatization of all Iraq's assets, especially in
the oil and supporting industries.
]

HTH
--
Cliff
John Scheldroup

wrote:

You want to avoid murder, guns and fundies? Europe is not the place
for you to go. Perhaps a nice island in the Gallapigos might suit
you?

It seems to me the Muslims can't live anywhere where it is safe.

It appears to me that nowhere Muslims live, is safe.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatc...ves/005412.php

http://www.seanbryson.com/articles/a...ist_rapes.html

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe...russia.school/

Do please type cast all Muslims this way. My question is why do you
hate what you do not know ?

Are you claiming I hate Muslims?

You said it not me chuckle

Cites?

How many are there ?

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...eeb87eadbcee52
Oh, we can start with your slurs against Arabs (diaperheads in your
parlance), Mexicans (who you refer to as "wets"), and pretty much ever
other non-white (whose countries you refer to as "turd-world"). Sound
familiar, klanner?

Diaperheads. Indeed. Its a insult directed towards those wearing the
keffiyeh. Btw..I have several of my own along with the agal that holds
them in place. A gift from a Bedouin friend many years ago. Wets is
the shortened slang term for wetback, most commonly used when
discussing illegal immigrants. Not all Mexicans are wetbacks of course
as many are legal, so the term is not applicable. The term wetback is
also used within the So.California Latino population. It is primarily
used to describe those crossing the Rio Grand River into the US. This
group is an eclectic one, and includes whites from Europe, and those
from, Asia, the Middle East, etc etc and is not solely used for those
of latin or indio ancestry.
Turd world is used as a discriptor on occasion for any third world
********, no matter the race of the peoples there in. Ive also used it
in regards to Arkansas on more than one occasion.

I also use the term Gringo, which is a slur against Norte Americanos,
now softened by common usage. Along with cabrone, pendjeho, moi, etc
etc.

I dont even hate
Liberals..them I hold in contempt. I have a number of Muslim friends.

Jekyll and Hyde ?

Shrug. Hard not to in So. Cal.

Are those stories accurate have they won a prize for their authenticity ?.

I suppose you will have to ask CNN and BBC.

The top story BBC and the bottom CNN, what type of news coverage are
from the other two?

I guess you will have to find out huh?

Your job is cut and paste ?

Russia has had many tribal wars, even the Finns were Russian until their
revolution in 1905 was it. Different tribes ethnically cleansed by the
Mongolians millennium ago it seems.

Yes and?

Russia has Muslims ?.

My bro law's niece and Muslim that you speak so kindly of will have her
PhD in chemistry at Caltech in four years, she will 24 years young.
his brother is business owner in England and they have a very nice
family, what can you tell me about your family ?

Why would you ask about my family? They are not muslim extremist
immigrants.

You said it not me chuckle

Anyway I can show four positive websites about Muslim life in Europe,
by contrast is this the only picture of Muslim life elsewhere in your mind.

Cites to my mind set? Or are you simply going to try to change the
fact that where Muslims move in..crime rises?

Cites ?

Avoidance from the UFO guy?

You want to talk about UFO's ? is that all can I leave now?

By the way I have been to Norway you have not.

You have cites for my not having been to Norway?

Have you asked do they want you ?.

And this means what
in the grand scheme of things?

Ive been to Cambodia.

Anything to do with Guns ?

Its likely you have not.

Sponsor a child ?

And this means what exactly?

Does what mean exactly what ?

John

John..you are all over the road like a 12pack drunk. Please stay at
least in your own lane.

Keep your Gun in it's rack and Don't drink and drive

John

Cliff

On Sun, 15 May 2005 03:52:53 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Or are you simply going to try to change the
fact that where Muslims move in..crime rises?

Cites?

LMAO ...
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Sun, 15 May 2005 03:52:53 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Ive been to Cambodia.

Now, now .... they said that there were no US forces there ....
Oops ... another republican lie, was it?

And you were so nasty about Kerry ....
--
Cliff
Gunner

On Sun, 15 May 2005 18:36:53 +1000, "Jeff R"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

By the way I have been to Norway you have not.

You have cites for my not having been to Norway? And this means what
in the grand scheme of things?

Ive been to Cambodia. Its likely you have not. And this means what
exactly?

Hey!
I've been to Tasmania *and* Gulargambone.

What do I win?

My deepest sympathies?

Gunner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling
which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight,
nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being
free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
- John Stewart Mill

Gunner

wrote:

[...]

Still waiting for the Cites, Comrade.

[...]

Your parents are not germane to this discussion.

Shrug. Hard not to in So. Cal.

Are those stories accurate have they won a prize for their authenticity ?.

I suppose you will have to ask CNN and BBC.

The top story BBC and the bottom CNN, what type of news coverage are
from the other two?

I guess you will have to find out huh?

Your job is cut and paste ?

Presentation of the information. Think of me as Reuters.

Russia has had many tribal wars, even the Finns were Russian until their
revolution in 1905 was it. Different tribes ethnically cleansed by the
Mongolians millennium ago it seems.

Yes and?

Russia has Muslims ?.

Yes, and?

My bro law's niece and Muslim that you speak so kindly of will have her
PhD in chemistry at Caltech in four years, she will 24 years young.
his brother is business owner in England and they have a very nice
family, what can you tell me about your family ?

Why would you ask about my family? They are not muslim extremist
immigrants.

You said it not me chuckle

Said what?

Anyway I can show four positive websites about Muslim life in Europe,
by contrast is this the only picture of Muslim life elsewhere in your mind.

Cites to my mind set? Or are you simply going to try to change the
fact that where Muslims move in..crime rises?

Cites ?

Avoidance from the UFO guy?

You want to talk about UFO's ? is that all can I leave now?

You wanted to talk about my parents?

By the way I have been to Norway you have not.

You have cites for my not having been to Norway?

Have you asked do they want you ?.

Still waiting.

And this means what
in the grand scheme of things?

Ive been to Cambodia.

Anything to do with Guns ?

Define "with" Comrade.

Its likely you have not.

Sponsor a child ?

Did for years during the Shining Times.

Save a life?

And this means what exactly?

Does what mean exactly what ?

Exactly.

John

John..you are all over the road like a 12pack drunk. Please stay at
least in your own lane.

Keep your Gun in it's rack and Don't drink and drive

My gun will stay in its holster or rack until needed.
Btw I dont drink.
Based on your posts..it may be something you need to try.
Desperately.

John

Gunner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling
which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight,
nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being
free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
- John Stewart Mill
Ed Huntress

wrote:

Your job is cut and paste ?

Presentation of the information. Think of me as Reuters.

I think of your information gathering and presentation as something closer
to Roto-Rooters.

--
Ed Huntress

Morris Dovey

"Gunner" wrote in message

It appears to me that nowhere Muslims live, is safe.

It would seem so if all you have to go on is media reports - and for most
people there isn't much else available. That's most unfortunate.

My experience is limited geographically, but for ten years I called eastern
Saudi Arabia home. I traveled a small amount in the middle east (Lebanon and
Egypt); and found that the people there were not unlike the Saudis I'd met.

They struck me as good people. They cared about the same thing most
Americans cared about and they demonstrated a warm hospitality, generosity
of spirit, willingness to be friends that left a lasting impression. The
best summary I can offer is a statement that I heard fairly often from them:
"All men are brothers under the skin."

I explored a couple of cities/towns (alone) as an inquisitive pre-teen and
teenager. I was invited into shops for coffee and tea by friendly people who
were curious about what an American kid was like and who were happy to hone
their English and didn't mind helping me learn Arabic. I did my best to be
mannerly and respectful - and was so treated by my hosts.

Not even once in the entire ten years did I ever feel threatened.

It wasn't until I returned to the States that I learned that cities can be
dangerous places and aren't good places to allow children to go exploring.

There are bad apples and broken personalities everywhere - and perhaps I was
just plain lucky that I haven't encountered any of those people - but I
think it's worth pointing out that the ordinary Muslim isn't any more
dangerous that the ordinary Christian (or Buddhist or Hindu or whatever.)

I'm a bit concerned that people in other parts of the world might have cause
to be saying: "It appears to me that nowhere Americans/Christians live, is
safe."

(My two cents worth)

--
Morris

Cliff

On Sun, 15 May 2005 17:36:15 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Think of me as Reuters.

EGAD !!!!!

He already posts here, now & then.
You trying to steal a good userid?
--
Cliff
Guido

wrote:

Think of me as Reuters.

EGAD !!!!!

He already posts here, now & then.
You trying to steal a good userid?

Well what do expect from self claimed libertarians? They'll thieve anything:
http://www.spunk.org/library/otherpo...e/sp000713.txt

Cliff

wrote:

Think of me as Reuters.

EGAD !!!!!

He already posts here, now & then.
You trying to steal a good userid?

Well what do expect from self claimed libertarians? They'll thieve anything:
http://www.spunk.org/library/otherpo...e/sp000713.txt

But is Gunner a Bakunin-collectivist/syndicalist, a
Kropotkin-communist or a Proudhon-mutualist/individualist?

http://www.planetquake.com/bombq3/me.../MadBomber.jpg
--
Cliff

Guido

wrote:

Think of me as Reuters.

EGAD !!!!!

He already posts here, now & then.
You trying to steal a good userid?

Well what do expect from self claimed libertarians? They'll thieve anything:
http://www.spunk.org/library/otherpo...e/sp000713.txt

But is Gunner a Bakunin-collectivist/syndicalist, a
Kropotkin-communist or a Proudhon-mutualist/individualist?

None of the above included

: : :
: : :
: : :
: : :
: : :
: : :
: O_/
:/|
/ \
| /

Gunner.

Gunner

On Sun, 15 May 2005 14:15:37 -0500, "Morris Dovey"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Of course. Ive traveled all across the world (including Norway) and
found the vast majority of people to be just Folks. Different
language, different cultures..but down at the core, still wanting the
same thing we all want. Love, security, sex, something to eat, a warm
place to sleep, someone to hold in the night. Entertainment.

The only problem with the current wave of fundamentalist Islam
immigration across much of Europe and in some aspects, Canada and the
US, is that their religion refuses in most cases, to respect the
religions of others. Or the lack of religion. This we can blame on
the Mullahs for the most part. Its like having the worst backwoods
snake handling talking in tongues fundamentalist Christian preachers
in charge of entire populations of immigrants.

And in that..comes the problem. The many gang rapes young islamic men
have been responsible for in Scandinavia and Europe, are said to be
the result of the statement that any woman who shows skin, is a whore,
and should be treated as such... brutally and without regard. Anyone
who criticizes Islam is an enemy of Islam, and should be converted or
killed. Not something that the Qouran emphesizes..but the Clerics do.

The rise of mutiliation (clitoral circumcision) being reported in
Europe, is also something that the 12th Century Clerics are pushing.
Honor killings, sister rape and abuse, the usual Islamic Fundy stuff.

There is a big big backlash coming to Europe and its not going to be
pretty. The Neatherlands of all places is becoming the fuze for the
pending explosion.

There is a fundimental conflict between Militant Islam (Wahabiism)and
Christianity/Everybody. Like Leninism..the goal is to convert or
kill..and the 21st peoples are running up against this.. One or the
other has to change or die. Shrug. No amount of negotiation,
discussion, "diversity" or what have you is going to change this.

We do live in "interesting times".

Gunner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling
which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight,
nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being
free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
- John Stewart Mill
wmbjk

On Sun, 15 May 2005 14:25:33 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Your job is cut and paste ?

Presentation of the information. Think of me as Reuters.

I think of your information gathering and presentation as something closer
to Roto-Rooters.

I think his shtick is more like Kevin Bacon's septic pumper in
Tremors. Broke down, held together with duct tape, and spends its time
sucking up crap. Even after it empties its load, it still stinks. The
only difference is, a crummy old pumper truck can make a few bucks,
while Gunnervision can't earn a nickel, and needs to dump its product
for free where it doesn't belong.

Wayne
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 15 May 2005 14:25:33 -0400, the inscrutable "Ed Huntress"
spake:

.. .
wrote:

Your job is cut and paste ?

Presentation of the information. Think of me as Reuters.

I think of your information gathering and presentation as something closer
to Roto-Rooters.

Why don't you two just let it rest? YOu know you'll never see eye to
eye.

And while I'm in Futility Mode, why doesn't everyone stop replying to
other trolling, like all of Cliffy's stuff? sigh

------
We're born hungry, wet, 'n naked, and it gets worse from there.
- http://diversify.com Website Application Programming -

Morris Dovey

wrote:

Of course. Ive traveled all across the world (including Norway) and
found the vast majority of people to be just Folks. Different
language, different cultures..but down at the core, still wanting the
same thing we all want. Love, security, sex, something to eat, a warm
place to sleep, someone to hold in the night. Entertainment.

My observations exactly match yours. It'd seem that we recall these things
when we've decided we /want/ to like someone. When we /don't/ want to like
someone, then we focus on the differences - with special attention given to
extremes.

The only problem with the current wave of fundamentalist Islam
immigration across much of Europe and in some aspects, Canada and the
US, is that their religion refuses in most cases, to respect the
religions of others. Or the lack of religion. This we can blame on
the Mullahs for the most part. Its like having the worst backwoods
snake handling talking in tongues fundamentalist Christian preachers
in charge of entire populations of immigrants.

Blind fundamentalism (is that a redundancy?) would seem to be a problem
wherever it crops up and appears to be a favorite tool for manipulating
especially the uneducated and economically disadvantaged. It's always amazed
me that the three religions who have their roots in the (same) old testament
and the same supreme being seem to have the most difficulty remembering and
honoring what they share.

And in that..comes the problem. The many gang rapes young islamic men
have been responsible for in Scandinavia and Europe, are said to be
the result of the statement that any woman who shows skin, is a whore,
and should be treated as such... brutally and without regard. Anyone
who criticizes Islam is an enemy of Islam, and should be converted or
killed. Not something that the Qouran emphesizes..but the Clerics do.

I see this as overreaction to a problem that they themselves have created. I
would expect that unfairness, injustice, and lack of respect for person
would tend to drive many young Muslim women to leave their ethnic goupings
and seek improved situations in tolerant European groups. I'd guess that
would make the men left behind even less attractive to European women. It's
a lot easier to become angry than it is to accept responsibility for a
horrible screw-up and change one's behavioral patterns.

"The women who sleep with me are lovers. Those who refuse me but sleep with
others are whores" evolves into "women I lust after but who aren't available
are whores." I just can't find any religion or reverence of any kind in this
sickness.

Rape is not an act of worship or reverence. I'll put myself on record as an
advocate of using a ten-inch piece of fine piano wire with handles to
prevent repeat offenses.

The rise of mutiliation (clitoral circumcision) being reported in
Europe, is also something that the 12th Century Clerics are pushing.
Honor killings, sister rape and abuse, the usual Islamic Fundy stuff.

Ugh. Right up there with the Salem witch trials, Philadelphia bombing, and
Waco burning.

There is a big big backlash coming to Europe and its not going to be
pretty. The Neatherlands of all places is becoming the fuze for the
pending explosion.

Shouldn't be a really big surprise - consider where the Nederlanders'
ancestors come from - they were a hardy people with a keen appreciation for
fairness and justice and were even sought after to rule other lands. But
when they fought, they fought berserk.

There is a fundimental conflict between Militant Islam (Wahabiism)and
Christianity/Everybody. Like Leninism..the goal is to convert or
kill..and the 21st peoples are running up against this.. One or the
other has to change or die. Shrug. No amount of negotiation,
discussion, "diversity" or what have you is going to change this.

We do live in "interesting times".

We do. It's almost as if we managed to lose sight of both the past cost and
present value of civilization. Another round of jihad/crusade is a strictly
lose-lose proposition. Already it appears that the only non-catastrophic
scenario requires that all sides reel in their own extremists - and I'm not
very optimistic about that happening.

--
Morris
If a fool is reverent, does that make him less a fool?

Ed Huntress

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 May 2005 14:25:33 -0400, the inscrutable "Ed Huntress"
spake:

.. .
wrote:

Your job is cut and paste ?

Presentation of the information. Think of me as Reuters.

I think of your information gathering and presentation as something

closer
to Roto-Rooters.

Why don't you two just let it rest?

Why, because you want us to? d8-)

YOu know you'll never see eye to eye.

Now, THERE'S a powerful insight, Larry. 8-)

And while I'm in Futility Mode, why doesn't everyone stop replying to
other trolling, like all of Cliffy's stuff? sigh

I'll meet you half way. I'll stop replying to all of your stuff, OK? 8-Q

--
Ed Huntress

Gunner

On Sun, 15 May 2005 19:10:01 -0500, "Morris Dovey"
wrote:

There is a fundimental conflict between Militant Islam (Wahabiism)and
Christianity/Everybody. Like Leninism..the goal is to convert or
kill..and the 21st peoples are running up against this.. One or the
other has to change or die. Shrug. No amount of negotiation,
discussion, "diversity" or what have you is going to change this.

We do live in "interesting times".

We do. It's almost as if we managed to lose sight of both the past cost and
present value of civilization. Another round of jihad/crusade is a strictly
lose-lose proposition. Already it appears that the only non-catastrophic
scenario requires that all sides reel in their own extremists - and I'm not
very optimistic about that happening.

You are forgetting one thng Morris..its not the 21st century bunch
that is trying to impose its will on the 12th century bunch but visa
versa. If they wish to live, think and act as the rabid insane *******
Mohammed (praise to his name) decreed, fine, they are more than
welcome to form their own ghettos and live as they wish. Its when
they try to change or convert Us, by sword, by bomb and by numbers,
therein lies a problem. Islam on the whole is a peaceable enough
religion. Its the Wahabi sect that has sprung up that is the problem
children. And its fascist, militant, ignorant and viscious. These
are the folks who are sending their children to die for Allah (praise
be his name) in an effort to force their fundimentalism on all else.

There are many many nutcase fruitloop religions, sects and cults that
remain to themselves, and we have no problem with them. They are
pretty much left to their own devices. Its when they fly airliners
into buildings that things start to come un****ed.

They are either going to have to moderate, or be killed. Shrug. Id
prefer they moderated their stance, but if they wish to die, we can
accomodate them.

Gunner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling
which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight,
nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being
free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
- John Stewart Mill
Pat Ford

wrote:

[...]

To be 100% accurate, no where people live is 100% safe, read any newspaper.
Pat

Pat Ford

back when I was in grade 11 I drove taxi at night, one night a guy pulled a
knife on me when I was doing 80KPH (50MPH). I hit the brakes, he hit the
windsheild, I hit the gas anc pulled him back in the seat then hit the
brakes. I repeated that until he droped the knife, then I opened the door
and pushed him out backed up and called for the police. They were very
amussed at the guys condition.
Pat