Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Harry Collingwood wrote:
Sorry to mess you all about but although nothing is marked on the
battery I had another look at the instructions.It says its a "lead
acid storage battery ,normal capacity 17AH 12V,charging time 250
times.

A 17 Ah battery is rather small for a golf trolley. I'd expect more like
70. Unless you only do 9 hole courses. ;-)

I have a feeling it is not fully amped up[if thats right!]

Fully charged will do.

but my Halfords charger switches to green when the volts is up to above
12 volts.

It will likely only switch off at rather higher than that.

How can I tell that they have 17 AH stored in there.
PS. They are golf trolley batteries and the charger that came with
them has no measurement to say what's going on.I could leave them
charged for a week for all I know with no indication when they are
charged.Got me beat.Thanks again.

It's likely the batteries are simply knackered. If the charger is saying
they are fully charged by switching off, you could try discharging them
with a known load - say a car headlamp bulb at 55 watts. A 17 Ah battery
will have a capacity of 17 x 12 ie about 200 watt hours, so should run
that bulb for more than 3 hours.

--
*If all is not lost, where the hell is it?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.