James Sweet

"Harry Collingwood" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 May 2005 08:39:31 GMT, (Harry
Collingwood) wrote:

Basi question.Got a leisure battery,it's charged to full 12 volts but
how can I tell how many amps it holds? thanks.

thanks to all for the replies. I'll check it all out and see if I can
figure it out.I have a Halfords charger that I use when charging my
caravan battery[110Amps] and when it is charged the light goes green
and is is switched off.These two batteries I have are 12 volt but
there is no Amp total on it.It merely states output 12VDC and Max DC
2.6Amps.What I wanted to know is; although it shows 12.6 Volts how do
I know it has 2.6Amps in it.Thanks anyway.

What do you mean 2.6 amps in it? That statement doesn't mean anything, amps
are an instantaneous measurement, not an accumulated quantity. May be a
little confusing but saying a battery has 2.6 amps in it is like saying it's
15 mph to the grocery store, you have no way to know the total quantity
(distance) from that statement.