Gunner

On Sun, 15 May 2005 14:15:37 -0500, "Morris Dovey"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

It appears to me that nowhere Muslims live, is safe.

It would seem so if all you have to go on is media reports - and for most
people there isn't much else available. That's most unfortunate.

My experience is limited geographically, but for ten years I called eastern
Saudi Arabia home. I traveled a small amount in the middle east (Lebanon and
Egypt); and found that the people there were not unlike the Saudis I'd met.

They struck me as good people. They cared about the same thing most
Americans cared about and they demonstrated a warm hospitality, generosity
of spirit, willingness to be friends that left a lasting impression. The
best summary I can offer is a statement that I heard fairly often from them:
"All men are brothers under the skin."

I explored a couple of cities/towns (alone) as an inquisitive pre-teen and
teenager. I was invited into shops for coffee and tea by friendly people who
were curious about what an American kid was like and who were happy to hone
their English and didn't mind helping me learn Arabic. I did my best to be
mannerly and respectful - and was so treated by my hosts.

Not even once in the entire ten years did I ever feel threatened.

It wasn't until I returned to the States that I learned that cities can be
dangerous places and aren't good places to allow children to go exploring.

There are bad apples and broken personalities everywhere - and perhaps I was
just plain lucky that I haven't encountered any of those people - but I
think it's worth pointing out that the ordinary Muslim isn't any more
dangerous that the ordinary Christian (or Buddhist or Hindu or whatever.)

I'm a bit concerned that people in other parts of the world might have cause
to be saying: "It appears to me that nowhere Americans/Christians live, is
safe."

(My two cents worth)

Of course. Ive traveled all across the world (including Norway) and
found the vast majority of people to be just Folks. Different
language, different cultures..but down at the core, still wanting the
same thing we all want. Love, security, sex, something to eat, a warm
place to sleep, someone to hold in the night. Entertainment.

The only problem with the current wave of fundamentalist Islam
immigration across much of Europe and in some aspects, Canada and the
US, is that their religion refuses in most cases, to respect the
religions of others. Or the lack of religion. This we can blame on
the Mullahs for the most part. Its like having the worst backwoods
snake handling talking in tongues fundamentalist Christian preachers
in charge of entire populations of immigrants.

And in that..comes the problem. The many gang rapes young islamic men
have been responsible for in Scandinavia and Europe, are said to be
the result of the statement that any woman who shows skin, is a whore,
and should be treated as such... brutally and without regard. Anyone
who criticizes Islam is an enemy of Islam, and should be converted or
killed. Not something that the Qouran emphesizes..but the Clerics do.

The rise of mutiliation (clitoral circumcision) being reported in
Europe, is also something that the 12th Century Clerics are pushing.
Honor killings, sister rape and abuse, the usual Islamic Fundy stuff.

There is a big big backlash coming to Europe and its not going to be
pretty. The Neatherlands of all places is becoming the fuze for the
pending explosion.

There is a fundimental conflict between Militant Islam (Wahabiism)and
Christianity/Everybody. Like Leninism..the goal is to convert or
kill..and the 21st peoples are running up against this.. One or the
other has to change or die. Shrug. No amount of negotiation,
discussion, "diversity" or what have you is going to change this.

We do live in "interesting times".

Gunner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling
which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight,
nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being
free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
- John Stewart Mill