Rufus Stone

Default Hoover Six Washing Machine - Shaking itself to death!

Any advice welcomed.

We have a Hoover Six Fast Iron 1300 Washing Machine which is now about
two years old. Just lately, on the slow spin setting it tries to shake
itself to bits.

I have looked around inside and all suspension etc. seems fine. The
only thing which seems wrong is some distortion in the wheel attached
to the drum through the bearing which holds the drum in the watertight
casing. This is an alloy wheel of maybe 8" diameter around which the
belt from the motor runs. After removing this wheel I can see some
small stress fractures and when the wheel is refitted to the drum
spline it does not seem to run true as if the wheel has become
distorted.

Anyone know if this is a common failing in these Hoover models or
whether the real reason may lie elsewhere, such as the bearing which
is causing this wheel to distort?

Many thanks,

R.