Steve W.

Cut it up and turn it into a hit/miss style engine.
Use the engine to power a welder made from an auto alternator.
Portable generator made out of auto alternator or store bought head.
Portable hydraulic unit with the pump mounted inside the hydraulic sump.
Used to power a splitter or lift or rescue tools.

"wallster" wrote in message
alright all you creative geniuses, put on your thinking caps. Every

year
(about this time) i run across discarded lawnmowers. I cant help

myself, i
almost always stop and pick them up. Sometimes i get them running and

sell
them for some always needed beer money. But alot of the time, the deck

is
rotted beyond repair so i'll remove the wheels and engine and hope to

use it
another time. I just have to make something cool using a vertical

shaft
engine, the horizontals get all the glory. Besides a home-built

generator,
what projects have you folks made using these engines?

walt