In misc.survivalism carl mciver wrote:

In my moments where I ponder what I'd do in situations like that (rather
than when I'm actually in them, you see!) I kept figuring that a similar
stunt was well worth pulling. Any asshole, in my car, stupid enough to pull
something, will likely not put on his seatbelt, and since I'm in control of
the vehicle, as well as belted belted in, am in position of greater power.
Don't know if they've ever taught that in a woman's self defense course....
Glad to know it worked for you.

Having 350 horsepower at my disposal helped immeasurably. I wouldn't try
it in my current 4-banger.

--
In the councils of government, we must guard against the
acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought,