NSN

My friend, who is no longer with us, owned a shop in the Long Beach
(CA) Marina that installed polyethylene water and gas tanks in boats
and RVs. He would buy the PE tanks in all different sizes and the PE
spouts also in different sizes. Because of different applications the
tanks were manufactured with no holes and the spouts were of all
different sizes.

How to "glue" the spout to the tank ??? Well, he would cut a hole in
the tank of the appropriate size in the proper location. He would then
take the proper spout which had a flat flange on it and place it in
his 3/8" drill (with an adapter that he had made). He would then
place the flat surface of the spout flange against the tank directly
over the previously drilled hole. He would then turn on the drill. The
friction of the spout flange against the tank would heat up and melt
both the tank and spout ... thus "welding" the spout to the tank.
This took quite a bit of skill but he was real good at it.

Norm

On Tue, 03 May 2005 17:34:25 +0100, Cori wrote:

How can I best glue to polythene?

The polythene in question is dense and is taken from the nozzle of a
bottle. I need to glue it into place.

Of course I will key the polythene with many scatches but I need a
glue which will stick to it.

Will Araladite stick to polythene?
Will superglue stick to polythene?