Mark & Juanita

On Sat, 14 May 2005 07:48:55 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

"Upscale" wrote in message
"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in

message

I had a friend who worked there after a full career as an electrician.

He
went
because he enjoyed it and the extra income helped him out as well. He

didn't
*have* to work.

That would be the best case scenario.

.... snip

It's amusing to watch the conversations here. So many of the regular
posters here seem to love taking shots at the people at HD simply because
they observed some simple human failure at work. Some little factoid that
the HD guy didn't know, or somehow slipped up on, or in some other way
didn't pass the test of doing everything to the absolute satisfaction of the
poster.

I know that in my "poster child" HD story, the "little" factoid that a
supposedly "expert" HD employee didn't know was the fact that one could
have more than 100 amps worth of circuit breakers in a 100 amp electrical
panel and, in fact, insisted that one could not have more than 100 amps
worth of breakers in such a panel. Seems like kind of a major issue when
he was trying to influence the design and purchase decisions as a supposed
"expert" on the floor. In fact, he attempted to emphasize this fact by
telling us that he was an electrician before coming to work at the Borg (he
was a fairly young fellow, so he definitely wasn't a retired electrician).

.... snip