D Murphy

"wallster" wrote in
:

alright all you creative geniuses, put on your thinking caps. Every
year (about this time) i run across discarded lawnmowers. I cant help
myself, i almost always stop and pick them up. Sometimes i get them
running and sell them for some always needed beer money. But alot of
the time, the deck is rotted beyond repair so i'll remove the wheels
and engine and hope to use it another time. I just have to make
something cool using a vertical shaft engine, the horizontals get all
the glory. Besides a home-built generator, what projects have you
folks made using these engines?

Pressure washer. You could kluge together an Ice auger.

You could find a 90 degree gear reducer and put together a powered yard
cart/wheel barrow type of rig. There are usually loads of gear reducers on
Ebay.
http://search.ebay.com/gear-reducer_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

--

Dan