Gary H. Lucas

"carl mciver" wrote in message
. net...

wrote in message
SNIP

| I only had a problem once. Around 1977. Two guys who were drunken
| assholes. I was in my '69 Camaro SS. They threatened me, and I hit the
| gas, did a 4 wheel drift into a crowded gas station, and then locked up
| the brakes. The guy up front hit his head on the dash. I told them to
| get the **** out of my car.
|
| That was the last time I've picked up a hitch hiker.

In my moments where I ponder what I'd do in situations like that
(rather
than when I'm actually in them, you see!) I kept figuring that a similar
stunt was well worth pulling. Any asshole, in my car, stupid enough to
pull
something, will likely not put on his seatbelt, and since I'm in control
of
the vehicle, as well as belted belted in, am in position of greater power.
Don't know if they've ever taught that in a woman's self defense
course....
Glad to know it worked for you.

I'm always amazed at the guy who gets out of his car to threaten someone. A
guy got out of his car and reached for my keys once. I rolled up my window
on his arm and drove across a parking lot at high speed, and rolled down the
window as I hit the brakes. Then I drove calmly away. Another time a guy
got ****ed at me because he almost rear ended me because he was following
way to close. MY wife and daughter were in the car at the time and we had
just pulled into a restaurant. The guy roared into the parking lot and
jumped out of his and started pound on the hood of mine. My wife was
terrified, I locked the doors. She said "What if he has a gun?" I said
"Then he's a dead man" as I put the car in gear and quickly backed him right
up tight to his own vehicle! Of course we had to eat some place else.

Gary H. Lucas