Ian_m

"Bob" wrote in message

"Cori" wrote in message
How can I best glue to polythene?

The polythene in question is dense and is taken from the nozzle of a
bottle. I need to glue it into place.

Of course I will key the polythene with many scatches but I need a
glue which will stick to it.

Heat it up really good with a hair dryer, then use the hot glue gun.

Yes it can be glued with difficulty. A PHD student I lodged with at Uni had
to make chemical preparation apparatus out of polythene due to the strange
chemicals he was working with (?). Problem with polythene is it is "oily"
and most glues won't stick.

He assembled is apparatus either by friction welding, rotate one piece in
fast and force onto other piece

or hot air gun and plastic rod

or finally etching surface with chromic acid (nasty stuff) to produce a
"crust" which can then be glued.