OldBill

raden wrote:
In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes

In article ,
"Bob Mannix" writes:

I have seen a couple in garden centres (on). I wasn't really
measuring but
hey seemed to give an equivalent amount (or more) of heat as a gas
one in
one direction (more or less). A couple on a wall along a patio would
probably make a significant difference without occupying any
footprint. They
might, of course, gently warm those the far side of a table and
lobsterize
those closer!

The way global warming works is that on average they will heat the
whole world, but there are some parts which could get colder, such
as the UK if the Gulf Stream changed direction.

I don't think it will change direction, it will just shut down

That is the real danger. The scandinaviations I know are really worried
about this. Their countries ( and the UK) could quickly become
un-inhabitable if global warming continues.