larry

That sounds quite good for the money. Must admit I have never been able to
work out how the insurers price these things.

IIRC we spend about 650 a year for our insurance, which includes similar
levels of cover (although no PA). It also has 500K PI, and 20K business
equipment "at home". That covers us for all software engineering
activities and most IT related ones. When we enquired about coverage for
network wiring (i.e. drilling the occasional hole, or chasing a wall,
mounting a wall port etc), they wanted to add thousands to the premium!
Given that the bulk of the time spent trading as a sparks must involve do
exactly those things, it seems hard to work out how they justify the price
they quoted us is that is what they are charging for the same level of
cover on its own.

--
Cheers,

John.

didn't bother with the network element, do it and be damned. for how much
data cabling i do a year i'd rather not spend more on insurance than the
work is worth.

Loz