MP

Hi John

Bigwallop suggested using the cold water feed for the hot water tank, which
seems like cracking idea.

I'm getting used to the idea that I'll have to access the floorboards and
use pipe (plastic i presume is okay for the pressure passing through it)
work to join up at the mixer.

PS - Is it possible to get longer attachments to the pump to replace tha
come with the pump, they seem rather short.

Thanx

MP
"John Stumbles" wrote in message
mp wrote:

Hi all

I'm about to install a power shower (I can imagine it's been covered
umpteen times) but despite doing a previous search about my problem I've
seen no answers/solutions.

The problem is that the cold water feed to the shower mixer comes direct
from the loft water tank (normal) DOWN through to the mixer, whereas the
hot water comes from the airing cupboard through the floorboards and UP
the mixer.

So my problem is getting the pipes close enough for the pump to connect
to. I can't use a post-mixer pump due to wall cavity being so thin
(barrats house!).

Solution - I was thinking of feeding the cold water DOWN to the airing
cupboard and then feed it UP back in the loft to rejoin where cut into
it.
The problem I see with this is extra work for the pump, ineffective
pressure (15mm pipes not 22mm) or the need for a negative feed switch
(which then raises the question about the hot water feed being positive).

The problem will be that you have a high point in the pipework in which
air
will accumulate. You'll need to fit an air vent at this point. You may be
OK with an automatic air vent. The 15mm pipework shouldn't be a problem
and
you won't need a negative head kit or switch.

In an ideal world I'd feed the cold water down to the airing cupboard and
then relay through the floorboards (same as the hot water feed), but the
floorboards are larges T&G and very tough to get access to.

Can you really not run plastic pipe from the airing cupboard up to the
mixer?