Charlie Self

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Upscale wrote:
Every time I seen mention of the older people working at Home Depot

I get
the idea that many of them work there to be active, or to gossip

with other
'home renovation' people, or just for something to do. Considering

the low
wages they get, I hope expect too many of them are working there

for the
money, at least I hope so.

I had a friend who worked there after a full career as an

electrician. He went
because he enjoyed it and the extra income helped him out as well.

He didn't
*have* to work.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

I knew a guy who retired from contracting and worked PT at a local HD,
mostly setting up and teaching classes. This was a few years ago, but
as I recall, he got about $18-$19 an hour, which isn't bad money in
this area (or a lot of others). He didn't have to work either, but
found the extra money helpful.