wallster

snipped
Here are my limited ideas for this mower engine:
1. car battery jumper machine: I help out at a collision shop and when
we get a wreck in that we need to move, 9 out of 10 times the battery
is dead. I would mount the engine to a base that has an alternator
(adjustable mounted for adjustment) that has pullys and a belt mounted.
The output (13.5vdc) would go to a battery. The battery could have
jumper leads that could be used to jump the dead car battery. The base
would have wheels for moving.
2. Since this particular mower was front wheel drive, i kept the little
transmission with the pully and drive gears. This could be made into
some sort of a self driven machine, but i cant think of anything.

We should have some sort of competion to see who can create the most
innovative "thingy" from a junked lawnmower and post them in the drop
box. Give everybody a couple of weeks to scrounge up junk parts. I
would gladly contribute a couple bucks to the winner.

I like the compressor idea and the boat idea so far, dont forget our
friends the "u-joint" and the "hime" (sp?)(y'know the doo-hicky that's
used to stabilyze a spinning shaft)

walt