In misc.survivalism Gunner wrote:

I pick up the occasional hitchhiker.

I used to.

And Im ALWAYS armed. Only had a problem once. 1974

I only had a problem once. Around 1977. Two guys who were drunken
assholes. I was in my '69 Camaro SS. They threatened me, and I hit the
gas, did a 4 wheel drift into a crowded gas station, and then locked up
the brakes. The guy up front hit his head on the dash. I told them to
get the **** out of my car.

That was the last time I've picked up a hitch hiker.

--
In the councils of government, we must guard against the
acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought,