Vito Kuhn

"toller" wrote:

I bought some pipe fittings marked 3/8" at Chase Pitkin Tuesday. When
I found they didn't fit 3/8" tubing I took them back today, but
misplaced the receipt. CP refused to give me store credit, despite a
sign saying they give store credit without a receipt. I called the
main office who told me to fo fly a kite. I called the credit company
and reversed the charge.

I also took a smoke detector back to Home Depot today. I bought it 6
months ago and just got around to installing it, when I found it was
defective. They no longer carry that brand, but gave me a full refund
without a receipt.

Guess who is going to get my business. Say what you want about HD, but
they perform.

Home Depot is a tremendous resource. Thirty or forty years ago, a chain
of stores with such an impressive inventory wouldn't have been believable
by most folks. Like toller said, their customer service is top of the
line. Some of us in rural areas are also very impressed with their
prices, too. I like to support small businesses whenever I can, but with
HD around now I'm seeing less and less reasons why I should go anywhere
else for so many things.

VK