DoN. Nichols

In article .com,
shedfull wrote:

Jeff Williams wrote:
Hello,

I have a Colchester Master Mk2, I just put it in lowest gear and that

locks the spindle well enough to undo it and/or tighten it. If you

are
hitting it hard enought o break a gear then

that chuck was not put on by
a human and/or it's been there since the beginning of time and is

siezed
somehow.

I think it was, it has and it is, so I'll use some penetrating stuff

Which way are you moving the wrench? It helps to realize that
the male thread is on the chuck backplate, and the female collar thread
is free to rotate around the spindle, but is captive on the spindle.

So -- the handle of the hook or pin spanner wrench, if pointing
up from the collar, should be move towards the back of the lathe to
loosen, the direction which would *tighten* a chuck on a threaded
spindle. (At least, based on my L-00 on a Clausing spindle.

Good Luck,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564