Rob Convery

Rob Convery wrote:

Morris wrote:

Hi Guys,
Fitting a new Kitchen and have had the electrician in to fit new
sockets, 8
doubles and 2 supplies for the cabinet lights.Also had him remove the
old
strip light and fit a 4 way spot unit.Having a new 10 way consumer unit
fitted as well.He was able to tap into the kitchen ring from the room
above
which did mean lifting a few floorboards..He has channelled down from
above
for some of the sockets.We were a little taken aback when he quoted
£1900
for this but as we need it done ASAP we have let him press on.Does this
sound pricey or has Part P shoved all prices up.We are in the East
midlands.

Morris

I think 50 quid a point and 50 quid per CU circuit is not unreasonable,
as they all cost time to chase, time to wire and money for the bits.

Thats £500 for the CU alone by my reckoning, and £500 for the kitchen
stuff..

1900 squids is about 2 weeks work alone, at modern prices, let alone the
bits.

So £50 per socket is a reasonable price. No wonder people are so ****ed
at PartP
A friend who is very competant at electrics & electronics is just about
to do his kitchen. Hes
loking to get 4 double power points put into the ring/existing ones
moved, a couple spirs for appliances and a couple fused
feed for the under cupboard lighting and the extraction fan. This would
equate to a good £300/£400+
or he could spend a weekend doing it himself, costing £50

If you think weekends work is worth 50 quid, come and work for me...:0-)

Your not too hot on the old maths are we - The price difference is £300/£350
so lets say £150 a day which is not too bad for some cash in hand jobs in my
eyes