mp

Default power shower problems

Hi all

I'm about to install a power shower (I can imagine it's been covered umpteen
times) but despite doing a previous search about my problem I've seen no
answers/solutions.

The problem is that the cold water feed to the shower mixer comes direct
from the loft water tank (normal) DOWN through to the mixer, whereas the hot
water comes from the airing cupboard through the floorboards and UP to the
mixer.

So my problem is getting the pipes close enough for the pump to connect to.
I can't use a post-mixer pump due to wall cavity being so thin (barrats
house!).

Solution - I was thinking of feeding the cold water DOWN to the airing
cupboard and then feed it UP back in the loft to rejoin where cut into it.
The problem I see with this is extra work for the pump, ineffective pressure
(15mm pipes not 22mm) or the need for a negative feed switch (which then
raises the question about the hot water feed being positive).

In an ideal world I'd feed the cold water down to the airing cupboard and
then relay through the floorboards (same as the hot water feed), but the
floorboards are larges T&G and very tough to get access to.

Thanks for any thoughts.

MRJP