Martin Angove wrote:

People pump microwaves into their brains all the time. Mobile

handsets
churn out up to 2W IIRC right behind your ear.

Yes, but at a different frequency, one not absorbed by brains to the
extent 2.4GHz is.

The thermal effects are basically a non-starter, a seat in the sun will
have way more thermal effect than any microwave heater. But microwave
rf does affect chemical reactions, and is to some extent an ionising
radiation.

The sorts of people who
are worried about phone masts at a couple of tens of Watts are going

go apoplectic about an open microwave waveguide in the room spewing

out
a couple of hundred Watts!

It certainly doesnt take 200w, youd be cooking at that sort of output.
I vaguely remember 5w on the one I tried.

I've never quite understood how the same people who complain about

masts
don't complain (much) about the phones themselves. Two things:

lack of thinking probably

NT