Arch

Default Grits & Groans. Are paper grocery bags always 2000.063 grit?

It's occasionally mentioned here and elsewhere that various meshes,
steel wools, botanical reeds, wooden paddles, sweepings from covered
bridges...and brown paper bags are 'grits' equal to specific sanding
grits.

Are these equivalents determined by comparing abrasive effects,
microscopy, or what? Are the grits the same for each material and the
equivalents reasonably precise or do they vary widely according to which
'web authority' says so, which grocery store we prefer, and which way we
use the bags?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter