M.J.

"robo hippy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Properly finished???? Oh, you mean doing it the same way that you do
it. I have offered bowls with the mortice remaining, and with it
removed. The deciding factors, are shape, color, and character of the
wood. Price is some what of a factor, but never has the way the bottom
was finished had an influence on choice. If both are clean, sanded and
finished (no tear out left), and the shapes are the same, it makes
almost no difference to the buyer. If I remove the mortice, I have to
charge more. If they look the same, but one costs more, which one would
you buy?
robo hippy

Simple. I'd buy the one that showed the woodturner cared enough to remove
ALL evidence of how the item was held on the lathe. I do that to all my
turnings just as a matter of pride and if it takes me a couple more minutes
to do so then that is time well spent in my opinion. YMMV..........
--

Regards,
M.J. (Mike) Orr