Franko

"Morris" wrote in message
Hi again guys,
Any chance of us reaching a consensus on whether £1900 is a fair price or
not.

NOT a fair price by a fairly long shot, I am not an electrician but did
about the same amount of work or possibly more when I moved in and it took
me less than two days of relatively easy work - including making good any
chases and around any new socket outlets, plus materials, (good value from
Screwfix).
The sooner the general public stop being ripped off by electricians,
plumbers and mechanics the better for us all.
As I see it - the reason for the new legislation (part P, Corgi) etc, is
that people who see no need to be ripped off for any work at home attempt to
have a go themselves to save a few quid - this is ok providing that they are
reasonably competant but the problems arise when they are not, and have
accidents thus forcing the government to push for legislation which then
enables the said trades to feel a bit more special than they really are and
to start charging through the nose for their services.
If I was you, I would visit the library and read up on circuit diagrams,
layouts, earthing specs etc. and then have a go yourself - IF YOU ARE
CONFIDENT, and don't give this bloke more money to fuel his Bentley with!