Default switched spur for whirlpool bath.

I had always believed that it was not possible to install any kind of
switch in a bathroom unless it was a pull-cord switch, however I have
read recently that switches are banned within 0.6m of any part of a
bath or shower basin unless it is a pull cord switch.

This implies that I can install a switch providing it is more than 0.6m
away. I hope to get to the library to check for myself but in the
meantime can anyone confirm that my understanding is correct and this
is actually backed up by the wiring regulations.

My requirement is to install a switched spur for a whirlpool bath with
an integral pump. I don't want to use a pull cord but would prefer to
keep this switch within the bathroom if this were possible. I believe
I could mount the switch so that it was over 0.6m from both the bath
and the shower.