DeepDiver

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message

The problem is that I'm working with
18-19 year old kids and they don't see
the big picture.

Excuse me for saying so, but it sounds like you have more of an
instructional problem (and perhaps, a disciplinary one also) than a tooling
problem. I'd rather opt to teach the children to do the job correctly, than
trick them into doing it correctly by limiting their tooling choices.

Remember: at some point, they will be on their own and having to make their
own decisions. Guide them now and rest assured that they will make the right
choices later on. On the other hand, if they're only doing the job correctly
now because of your artificial constraints, what will happen once they no
longer have you imposing those constraints upon them?

Regards,
Michael