Lane

Your point is well taken and I use inserts alot
at home. The problem is that I'm working with
18-19 year old kids and they don't see the big
picture. We use #1 tips to assemble one product
with power screwdrivers. We use #2 screws on
another product that has to be assembled with
hand screwdrivers. If I give them #2 inserts,
they will put them in the power screwdrivers and
I'll have more problems.

I know it's a stupid reason, but I gotta work
with what I've got.

Not true. Hire someone who has a clue. Isn't it true that you get what you
pay for, wouldn't it also be true in hiring employees, not just tooling?
Just my opinion, and possible rant.
Lane