Peter

Default Aqualisa shower - dripping!

"PoP" wrote in message
On Sat, 1 May 2004 12:27:21 +0100, "Peter Boulton"
wrote:

I have an Aqualisa thermostatic mixer valve shower (non-power). Not sure
what the model number is but I posted a digital photo (6k) at
http://tinyurl.com/32cpb.

It has started dripping from the mixer - you can see the drips in the

photo!

I fixed one of these recently, and I've got another to fix this coming
week. Both were/are dripping.

The corkscrew assembly is known as a cartrdge. At the rear end of this
is a small shaft that fits into a hole at the back of the wall
mounting. Just inside that hole is a black rubber washer which
probably costs about 10p.

Sadly in my experience you have to change the whole cartridge at a
cost of somewhere in the region of £100. I'm not sure that washer is
something that can be replaced on its own - on the one I did recently
I couldn't get the darn washer out, but after changing the cartridge
the leak stopped immediately.

PoP

---
http://www.ukdiy.org.uk

Yes that's right - I've changed three in the past year and all required new
cartridges. You could try changing the 'O' ring right at the back, but make
sure you have a new one before you start as the old one will need to be
picked out with a bent pin or similar (don't damage the seating). Aqualisa
suggest a crochet hook but I don't have one of those in my tool box :-(

Peter