lionslair at consolidated dot net

Jim Stewart wrote:

Friday I laid into the kids doing assembly because
they kept using #1 philips drivers on #2 screws and
buggering the heads.

I figured I'd swing by swing by Sears on Saturday
and get another handfull of #2 philips screwdrivers
so there would be no excuses. I've bought the
screwdrivers with blue/clear handles for years and
found that they last a long time. Well, I get to
Sears and look at them and what used to be a nice
crisp tip now looks like a poor sand casting.

But not to worry, Craftsman now has a "Pro" screwdriver
that has a nice crisp tip and costs $3 more.

Jerks.

I think you would be better off with the screw driver handles that
hold hex inserts. Then buy a box of inserts. Wear them out (they are tough)
and just buy some inserts.

Philips are common to the building trades and are packaged in various volumes.
Dry wall screws are just some uses...

Just my opinion based on various fractured screw driver heads - seems to be
a powered composite to make the Philips... hum. Bad process maybe.

I have used the trade type for some time now. Put them in screw guns and
even battery drills.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn