Jeff Williams

Hello,

I have a Colchester Master Mk2, I just put it in lowest gear and that
locks the spindle well enough to undo it and/or tighten it. If you are
hitting it hard enought o break a gear then that chuck was not put on by
a human and/or it's been there since the beginning of time and is siezed
somehow.

BTW loweres is the top selectors together in the middle and the selector
on the front of the headstock towards the tail.

TTYL, Jeff

shedfull wrote:
Ok I'm stuck, I want to remove the chuck from my lathe,a Colchester
Master Mk 2, Clausing 80000? this has the American taper L0 secured by
a large threaded collar.

I've read the manual, no help, searched the groups, nope.

I don't want to break anything so I thought I'd ask.

People I've spoken to have said use the large c spanner (got that) and
shock the collar loose, but the spindle & chuck just turn, the collar
doesn't loosen. Tried pieces of wood to chock the chuck, bars in chuck,
you name it.

I don't want to put the lahte in gear and heave 'cos it might break the
gear etc.

Ideas ?

TIA

Lee