ATP*

"Mike Fields" wrote in message
news

"carl mciver" wrote in message
nk.net...
Jim Stewart" wrote in message
| Friday I laid into the kids doing assembly because
| they kept using #1 philips drivers on #2 screws and
| buggering the heads.
|
| But not to worry, Craftsman now has a "Pro" screwdriver
| that has a nice crisp tip and costs $3 more.

go to my local tool store or HF and buy Pittsburgh (sp?) or CK tools
which
are decent for the money. I wanted to waste my money, Sears would surely

be
the place to go. They seem to feel like HF is their direct competitor!

You mean HF is NOT their direct competitor ???? There is a reason
their tools (especially the power stuff) has been called "crapsman" for
a long time. Do a search on "Craftsman Routers" and see what kind
of comments you find !! ;-)

mikey

Their power tools are junk, but are the Pittsburgh wrenches and sockets
really comparable to Craftsman?
For a lot of tools and products I do agree that what you get at Sears or
Home Depot, especially from no name imported brands, has been HF quality or
less for a long time. Only difference is you pay retail prices for it.