shedfull

Default How do I remove the chuck on my Colchester Master /Clausing 13"

Ok I'm stuck, I want to remove the chuck from my lathe,a Colchester
Master Mk 2, Clausing 80000? this has the American taper L0 secured by
a large threaded collar.

I've read the manual, no help, searched the groups, nope.

I don't want to break anything so I thought I'd ask.

People I've spoken to have said use the large c spanner (got that) and
shock the collar loose, but the spindle & chuck just turn, the collar
doesn't loosen. Tried pieces of wood to chock the chuck, bars in chuck,
you name it.

I don't want to put the lahte in gear and heave 'cos it might break the
gear etc.

Ideas ?

TIA

Lee