Peter Boulton

Default Aqualisa shower - dripping!

Hi,

I have an Aqualisa thermostatic mixer valve shower (non-power). Not sure
what the model number is but I posted a digital photo (6k) at
http://tinyurl.com/32cpb.

It has started dripping from the mixer - you can see the drips in the photo!

I've tried disassembling, cleaning and reassembling. The inside contains a
metalic sort of corkscrew thing wrapped round and round the centre of the
assembly which comes out when you unscrew the 4 screws round it. It seemed
quite clean, though there was a fair amount of grit in the hole at the
bottom inside the wall part of the assembly.

My question is, from this pathetic description, can anyone advise whether
there is anything I can do to economically resolve this problem - as I see
that these pieces of kit are horrendously expensive, and with due respect to
plumbers who have a living to make, I would rather try to fix it myself, if
this is possible!

Thanks greatly!

Pete