udarrell

That is very interesting.
I believe a lot individuals in the computerization field would enjoy
applying their trade skills to an industry where optimal efficient operation
can be a terrific plus for everyone involved.

A tech could determine the BTU/hr output in short time if manufacturing
companies would furnish more information and relevant graphs for techs to
use.
A BTU/hr read-out of the condenser in operation under varying conditions
would be a real eye opener!

The majority in this NG will probably make fun of these marketable
value-added features. However, I see numerous ways that computerization will
be very helpful in helping achieve optimal A/C and refrigeration efficiency
levels for this massive energy usage industry. - udarrell
--
Air-Conditioning Manufacturing Companies - Adding Marketing Values to A/C
Equipment

"John Harlow" wrote in message
udarrell wrote:
How would you like, Air Conditioner's with Computerized Digital
Readouts for Efficiency Operation Verification?

Me personally? Yes - I'm interested in knowing as much as I can about how
stuff works, particularly the things which cost me a lot to run LOL!

But the average person doesn't care too much as long as they're comfy and
the electric bill isn't outrageous. No reason your intelligent A/C can't

do
all that "behind the scenes" and have a simple operator interface.

Perhaps
it could have a "check engine" light when it finds a fault.

I just built a little microcontroller based well pump monitor to keep an

eye
on what's going on with my water system. The idea is it can learn trends
and warn me of impending problems. It monitors total run time, number of
start / stop cycles and average motor current, and displays it all in a

nice
graphical format. So far it's telling me my pump isn't running any more
than necessary - a good thing! I'm considering adding some things like a
pipe burst detector which will shut down the pump if it detects an

abnormal
flow pattern.

I'm planning on making a monitor for my heat pumps too. That one will be
slightly more complex though, as it will monitor things like inside and
outside temperature. It ought to be able to display system efficiency in
pretty much real time.