Banty

In article , Speedy Jim says...

wrote:
I've never bought a house, but I probably will within the next two
years or so. By ripped off I actually just mean paying more than I
could have had I been more "vigilent." Obviously, if a buyer is not a
good shopper in general or doesn't care, then he or she will probably
pay more in closing than someone who shops around for better estimates.
But, the further things go along, the more power the bank,et al, has
over you to "up their estimates" I guess. So what in general should
buyers do?

Library/book store.

There are literally dozens of good books on
"How to Buy a House".

If you don't like paper, GOOGLE the same.

Right - everyone can go to libraries and Google. So let's just close up shop on
USENET now and tell all those awful people who actually ask questions to go
away.

:-\

Banty