Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"Alex" wrote in message
. ..
Did any one used any of Stripped-Thread Repair Epoxy products?

I need to repair badly stripped threads in my Drill Press downfeed hub.
Hub is the part where three feed handles are attached.
Hub seems to be made of cast iron or some other very brittle steel that
can't stand jerky movements of handles. Large pieces of thread teeth
chipped out and handles are very loose.

What is best to use in this case Epoxy or metal threaded inserts?
Metal inserts would be harder for me to do since I'll be using cordless
drill to make holes in brittle metal (my drill press is obviously out of
order)

BTW Hub is hollow inside so there is not much "meat" to hold on for
inserts

So, unless it would interfere with mounting, _fill_ the hub with a stout,
filled epoxy all the way out the holes. Then drill and re-tap. I've had
very good luck with several of the concrete anchor adhesives. They're
designed for slight (but minimal) expansion on cure, and are tough as a cob.
The Simpson Strong-Tie system works quite well on metals.

LLoyd

LLoyd